Wyndham Worldwide Bartender - Seasonal - Grand Desert Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada
Bartender - Seasonal - Grand Desert Resort
The Bartender will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to the food and beverage outlets of resort. He/She will promptly address guest service needs, complete beverage orders and request, clean and stock all areas based on inventory control. He/she will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages: Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure orders are taken accurately and completely. Offer ideas and suggestions to guests when ordering. Serve wine, draught and bottle beer. Mixes ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Collects payment for drinks served. Prepares bar area and supplies to ensure a successful shift. Orders or requisitions liquor and supplies. May assist in preparation of food orders. (50% time)
2. Maintain positive guest, owner and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiries or concerns to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (25% time)
3. Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures, follows all beverage handling guidelines (10% time)
4. Cultivate a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
Bartending school and or training
Local / State required alcohol serving license required
c) Knowledge and skills
Excellent communication skills.
Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
Ability to give high priority to customer service.
Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
Ability to read, write and understand English.
Basic office skills helpful including basic math, proper cash handling procedures.
Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff.
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
Must be detail oriented.
d) Technical Skills
PC Skills and Knowledge preferred
Ability to use basic cashier equipment
Basic knowledge of inventory and rotation of food and beverage
e) Job experience
- 6 months to 1 year of bartending experience preferred
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
Job: Food & Beverage
Primary Location: United States of America-Nevada-Las Vegas
Employee Status: Temporary
Organization: WVO - Resort Management
Job Posting: May 9, 2018, 6:21:24 PM
Requisition ID: 1807454
Equal Opportunity Wyndham Worldwide fosters a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate either directly or indirectly against employees or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age or disability, or against any other protection established by applicable law or regulation. We will make reasonable accommodations for eligible disabled applicants and employees in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We are committed to actions and policies to assure fair employment, including equal treatment in hiring, promotion, training, compensation, termination and disciplinary action and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination either directly or indirectly by our employees or agents.