Wyndham Worldwide Revenue Management Supervisor in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Revenue Management Supervisor
The Revenue Management Supervisor is responsible for maximizing Rooms revenue through management of the hotel’s room inventory, and for assisting in supervision of the day-to-day activities and duties of the Reservations Department.
- High school graduate.
A 4-year college degree; or a 2-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or two to three years of experience in a hotel or related field required. \
College degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Revenue management experience, preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Exel and Word.
- Previous hotel Reservations, PBX and Front Office experience preferred.
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to work a flexible schedule that includes rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and nights
Job: Hotel/Resort Operations
Primary Location: United States of America-Puerto Rico-Rio Grande
Employee Status: Regular
Organization: Wyndham Hotel Group - Wyndham Hotel Management
Job Posting: May 9, 2018, 1:06:48 PM
Requisition ID: 1804722
Equal Opportunity Wyndham Worldwide fosters a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate either directly or indirectly against employees or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age or disability, or against any other protection established by applicable law or regulation. We will make reasonable accommodations for eligible disabled applicants and employees in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We are committed to actions and policies to assure fair employment, including equal treatment in hiring, promotion, training, compensation, termination and disciplinary action and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination either directly or indirectly by our employees or agents.