Wyndham Worldwide Painter I - Margaritaville Resort - St. Thomas in Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Painter I - Margaritaville Resort - St. Thomas
The Painter will be responsible for completing all steps involved in the painting process at the resort. He/she will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System (GHS), regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the painting function of the resort: Removal of old paint from surface to prepare surface for painting, fill nail holes, cracks, and joints, smooth surfaces and apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings, and other structures. Ensure your area of responsibility meets all company compliance standards, utilizing the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times. Required to erect scaffolding or set up ladders safely to perform tasks above ground level. Demonstrate and apply broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for the painting process. (45% time)
2. Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on Wyndham’s Count On Me philosophy. Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with company standards. (40% time)
3. Build strong working vendor/contractor relationships: Develop professional relationships with vendors and contractors. (5% time)
4. Build the Count on Me Culture. Support resort management strategic initiatives and programs. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate departments and colleagues as necessary. (5% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required
b) Training requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
c) Knowledge and skills
Working knowledge of equipment, materials, methods, practices, and tools used in the painting trade.
Knowledgeable in safety use for power tools and shop tools
Knowledgeable use of general maintenance tools and equipment
Excellent communication skills.
Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent
with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Ability to use a computerized maintenance management system for work order processing.
d) Technical Skills
Microsoft Office: Word, excel, outlook
Key systems, Property
Power/Hand Tool operation
e) Job experience (number of years, type/level of previous experience)
2 years of job related experience is required.
Commercial paint experience in a hotel environment preferred.
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
Primary Location: United States of America-Virgin Islands-Saint Thomas
Employee Status: Regular
Organization: WVO - Resort Management
Job Posting: May 11, 2018, 12:24:31 PM
Requisition ID: 1807584
Equal Opportunity Wyndham Worldwide fosters a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate either directly or indirectly against employees or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age or disability, or against any other protection established by applicable law or regulation. We will make reasonable accommodations for eligible disabled applicants and employees in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We are committed to actions and policies to assure fair employment, including equal treatment in hiring, promotion, training, compensation, termination and disciplinary action and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination either directly or indirectly by our employees or agents.