Wyndham Worldwide Activities and Recreation Supervisor - Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort in Shawnee On Delaware, Pennsylvania
Activities and Recreation Supervisor - Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Activities and Recreation Supervisor
- 40 Hours Per Week
- Eligible to Participate in Company Benefits
The Activities Supervisor is responsible for supervising and maintaining all guest activities and related areas including but not limited to: activities center, movie theater, fitness center(s), pools and cabanas, banquet rooms, tanning rooms, and beaches. This position will be required to supervise, guide, and motivate a team during their assigned shift while also working different areas as needed. The Activities Supervisor will work directly with their manager to maximize associate and owner/guest satisfaction scores, increase revenue and enhance resort activities.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for overseeing the Activities function of the resort. Lead, guide, develop and motivate staff members. Enforce company policies, rules and regulations. Provide coaching to staff members when needed. Run Activities’ Department operations and cover areas when needed. ( 50% time)
2. Ensure Compliance. Conduct inspections of all facilities and equipment to ensure proper working conditions. Coordinate all maintenance and repairs as needed. Prepare and maintain department paperwork and documentation as required by company standards. Ensure proper compliance with all company policies and procedures as directed by SOP and IA ( 20% time)
3. Assist the Manager with creating, planning and implementing guest activities for the Resort. Create and publish advertising material to support the Resort Activities. Assist in establishing related pricing for activities. Work with department associates and affiliate departments to ensure maximization of Guest Satisfaction Scores and minimum goal achievement. ( 20% time)
4. Attend all resort and company trainings and meetings. Complete required trainings based on company standards. (5% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
- Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid Certification, Alcohol Awareness Card, Food Server Health Card, Valid Driver’s License (Varies by Location).
Valid Lifeguard Certification Required\
c) Knowledge and skills
Excellent communication and leadership skills
Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with owners/guests and staff members
Able to organize and facilitate group activities.
Contribute in development concepts and techniques, and to complete tasks in create and effective ways.
Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics, integrity and safety consistent with applicable regulatory standards by Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
Ability to work an adjusted work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays in order to meet resort operating demands.
d) Technical Skills
Ability to drive large vehicles, shuttles and/or vans.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Mircos is required.
Ability to learn new programs such as company reporting and associate timekeeping
e) Job experience
2 years of experience in customer service, recreation and administration/leadership
1 year supervisory experience preferred
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
Available to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Successful completion of a background check required prior to employment
Primary Location: United States of America-Pennsylvania-Shawnee On Delaware
Employee Status: Regular
Organization: WVO - Resort Management
Job Posting: May 1, 2018, 2:51:55 PM
Requisition ID: 1806697
Equal Opportunity Wyndham Worldwide fosters a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate either directly or indirectly against employees or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference/orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, national origin, age or disability, or against any other protection established by applicable law or regulation. We will make reasonable accommodations for eligible disabled applicants and employees in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. We are committed to actions and policies to assure fair employment, including equal treatment in hiring, promotion, training, compensation, termination and disciplinary action and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination either directly or indirectly by our employees or agents.